Volunteering at band events is a great way to get a behind the scenes look into the program, make new friends, and to support our award-winning Panther Band.
To become a volunteer at a band sponsored event you must be cleared as a chaperone by the Benicia Unified School District.
General Volunteer requirements for band program events: Note: BUSD no longer requires COVID vaccination to become a volunteer.
1. A completed volunteer registration form.
2. A copy of your driver's license or state issued ID
3. A copy of a negative TB test (within the last 4 years). If you have not had a test done you can get one from your health care provider or walk-in urgent care. It takes 48 hrs to get results.
4. Cleared Live Scan background check (if you have not had it done in the past). If you have never been finger printed by a Live Scan provider you will need to take your Live Scan Request form to the UPS Store (or similar provider) to have the finger printing service performed. The cost is approximately $50. Live scan is an automated service for criminal history background checks that uses electronic means to capture fingerprints in a digitized format and then transmit them to a state repository. If you have had a Live Scan submitted to the district in the past, you do not need to repeat this check.
5. (If you will drive students) Copy of your auto insurance declaration page
6. (If you will drive students) Completed personal vehicle form
7 . (If you will drive students in a district van) Completed BUSD Van Driver Application.